Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

the last drop...

Hello everyone! I'm glad you stopped by!
I thought that I would take a slight break from the usual to talk a bit about paint maintenance.

Now I'm not talking anything terribly complex, just a handy hint to help keep your paint good to the last drop. 

Always remember to store the paints with the lid screwed tightly. However, as you near the end of your jar, you may find that no matter how tightly you keep that lid, you paint is getting thick and starting to dry out.

Luckily, this is something that can be fixed.  Remember, these are water-based paints.  So, when the paint gets too thick, add a little water.

Stir it in.
A little water goes a long way, so start out slow. You can always add more water.

When you are happy with the consistency, then you are ready to get back to painting!

This is also a good tip to remember when you want a thinner paint for certain techniques.

Well, that's all for me today, but don't worry, I'll be back soon with a fun home decor tutorial.  See you then. =)

9 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Great tip! Many thanks! :D

Creative Inspirations said...

Great tip!!! Also if you can keep the treads of the lid and the jar clean that helps because the lids tend to be somewhat flexable and lets the air in. But we have some jars here that are covered in paint and are almost 3 years old and still have not dried out even though they are close to being empty.

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Hi new friend, I love a man who cooks!! I think that is so sexy!! I love a man who can fix things and make things and build things!! My man can and does all that!!
Your blog has a lot of stuff on it. I am on dial up so it took one hour to load. When you left a comment on my blog the name said Jan. On your blog the name says Kassi. I am confused?? What is your name?

~ Kendra ~ said...

Great tip Kassi.

Jenn K said...

Thanks so much for this information.

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Thanks for the info... and thanks for stopping by today and for your sweet comments!!!
Blessings~~~ Daphne

Kianel said...

What a great tip Kassi thanks a lot!
love from France, Kianel.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this tip- love the paint and this will stretch out each jar to the last drop!

Samantha said...

awesome tip!