Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Welcome To the Neighborhood (Lots Pics)

Creative Inspirations Paint has helped me think outside of the box-should I say packaging maybe! I found this wonderful House Pattern and just had to play with the design...I use to collect village pieces but have passed on to my children to display now. So I am making chipboard ones.
Pull up a chair and sit back and relax- I have a few steps to share with you on designing this house.
 I actually used chipboard from packaging because it was a good weight and also had white.The pattern was printed and then cut out of the white chipboard.
 I used an embossing tool to crease with a ruler. Spellbinder dies helped me cut out windows without having to use a cutting blade.
 I painted one layer of Autumn Wheat and Brown mixed on a foam brush- I wasn't careful just stroked it on. Then I put the house through my Big Shot with a brick embossing folder. then I went back with Autumn Wheat paint again.
 Next I did the same process as above using Antique Gold CIP Paint- then a checkered embossing folder for the roof.
 This fence is a Tim Holtz die cut- the greenery is a Cheery Lynn Die. Rustic Red CIP paint was used for the shutters and the door, and Ivory paint for the fence
 I placed Raw Sienna CIP paint on vellum for the windows and Liquid Applique for the snow on the roof and fence posts.
What a fun project to work on -thanks to Creative Inspirations paint I could make a realistic looking house. What have you been working on?
 post signature

7 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

Wow!!! That is amazing Dawn!

Unknown said...

What a fun house, Dawn! And great details too!
hugs,
Gini

Kassi said...

Fabulous! I love all the details and texture

Irit Shalom said...

This is so lovely and a great tutorial too!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Fun house! Love the textures!

BarbaraW said...

Awesome house. Love all the details. Thanks for the tutorial.

Kianel said...

This house is absolutely divine Dawn!
Such a great idea and very fun colors!
Love from France, Kianel.