Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Wish

With Tim Holtz doing the 12 Tags of Christmas again this year, I think I was a little bit influenced when I made this card. The dies, the rose ribbon, and the embossing folder all come fom his line. The ornament and holly leaves are cut from grungepaper. I actually didn't know how the CI paints would react to the grungepaper, but they worked beautifully. As you probably know, grungepaper is a dull gray color and has the consistency of leathery felt. Not any more, the ornament (painted with garnet and a little gold for the top) and the leaves (painted with evergreen) now have the deepest, shimmery color. The roses are also painted with garnet. I used a piece of glittery paper under the ornament and some pearl flourishes to finish the card. Hooray, I have another Christmas card done.
Barbara Washington--designer

7 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

That is beautiful Barbara!

Dawnll said...

Love It Barbara! I so want to play with some grunge board now

Unknown said...

Barbara, this is beautiful! I love all of your texture.
hugs,
Gini

Kassi said...

I love the painted grungepaper! It really brings it to life!

Irit Shalom said...

What a fabulous card!

Kianel said...

Barbara, your card is beautiful and i love that glimmer behind the globe!
Love from France, Kianel.

FibreJunky said...

Wow, that worked fabulously!! Great job!