Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Stars 'n Stripes

Tomorrow is the 4th of July holiday (Independence Day) in the USA. So  I thought that a 4th of July card would be appropriate to feature today. Besides this week's CI blog challenge is Independence Day.
My card layout is based on the challenge this week at Mojo Monday. The flag background panel is an Our Daily Bread Designs background stamp. In order to color it the way I wanted, I stamped it in Memento London Fog. Then I brought out my denim, garnet, and winter frost CI paints and painted the flag. I dry embossed the dark blue core'dinations panel with a Cuttlebug folder, sanded the stars, and then went over the stars with fairy dust paint. The center oval was a bit of an experiment. I spread gel medium on my nonstick mat and placed the stamp in the glue. Then I stamped the fireworks (Northwoods) on a piece of white cardstock. I quickly added Resplendence (CI glitter) emerald, regal red, and gold. This made some very sparkly fireworks. (It's important to wash the stamp off immediately before the gel dries.) The 4 is from Tim Holtz's Idea-ology line. I painted it with garnet paint and quickly sprinkled it with Resplendence regal red. The glitter stuck to the paint like it was glued. I think this card celebrates the 4th quite effectively with all of its sparkle and shimmer.
Barbara Washington - Designer

6 comments:

Sandie said...

Very arty and beautiful!

jessica said...

This is beautiful!!! Very festive!

Colleen Dietrich said...

These look just like real fireworks in the sky, Barbara!

Kianel said...

Very beautiful card Barbara and i loooove your firework!
Love, Kianel.

Creative Inspirations said...

Great holiday card Barbara!

~ Kendra ~ said...

What a great holiday card!!