Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, October 22, 2012

An Adoring Canvas

Hello to you all this Monday, I hope it is going well! Emily here today to share a canvas I created using loads of Creative Inspirations Paint along with some Deliquesce embossing powder. 

The following paints and powder were used in today's canvas:

Creative Inspirations Paint

I used a 6"x12" stretched canvas. I primed it with Gesso before using my acrylic paints to paint the background and heart image. After the acrylics dried, I added my Creative Inspirations Paint in Tanzanite, Denium, Coal and Ice Blue all over the canvas by layering each color on and mixing them in various places, except for the red heart.

 I just wasn't happy with the heart not having any dimension, so I added tissue paper, modeling paste and some heavy body acrylics to it. After it had all dried and hardened fully, I used more acrylic paints in red and then covered the acrylics with Rustic Red and Garnet Creative Inspirations Paint. 


As you can see, I also added various stamps all over the canvas, and also for the word "adore" on the heart. After "adore" was stamped, I went over the letters with my Faber Castell markers and then again with CI Paint in Coal. I also used my markers to trace around the heart as well as add some doodles to it. 

For a final touch I added Deliquesce Super Sparkle Pink embossing powder over the heart for even more sparkle and texture. 

In the close up shots below you can just see all of the sparkle! 
What's fantastic about these paints is that I can mix and layer them on my canvas for varying looks. :) You can do all sorts of fun things with these fantastic paints! Don't be afraid to mix things up!! 

Thanks for stopping by today! Enjoy your day and be sure to get Creative! 








8 comments:

jessica said...

WOW Emily!! This is gorgeous!!! Awesome job with your canvas :)

glorygirl said...

Love this! Thanks for walking us through your process!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Canvas!!
Love all the details!!

Kimberly S said...

How fun Emily, love it! The colors are gorgeous, and your artwork is amazing. :)

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful Emily. Love the artsy feel

~ Kendra ~ said...

Such a lovely canvas!! I bet the shimmer is amazing IRL!

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful canvas hun!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Emily D. said...

Kendra, the shimmer is AMAZING IRL!! I was planning on giving this as a gift, but I'm not sure I can give it up!!!