Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, July 8, 2013

The Journey

Hello! How is your summer going? Mine is going great thus far and for the first time, I have some plants growing in my yard that I planted! I am super proud of myself since I haven't had a green thumb in the past. The kids got me some hanging flowering plants for Mother's Day and they are still going strong. Last year my gifts were not so lucky. :(

The canvas I made to share for you today is inspired by the flowers in my life this summer. I used various CI Paints as well as the new Resinesence. I used the resin on the bottle caps in the centers of my flowers. Before I added the resin I placed patterned paper in one bottle cap and some patterned fabric in the other, adhering with liquid adhesive. After the adhesive dried, I used Tutu Pink paint on the number paper and some Garnet paint on the fabric. The resin was added over each and cured for 20 minutes under my UV light. I love how they turned out! 


More of the Resinesence was used on the banner at the bottom of the canvas. The banner is chipboard painted with some Orange acrylic paint, Orange CI paint and covered with the resin. I stamped the sentiment over the resin after it had cured. 

Below are some close ups of the canvas... CI Paints were used on the edges of the flowers, the leaves, background, stems, and circles on the canvas. The various colors really shimmer when you look at the canvas from different angles. 


After I photographed this, my brother came home and saw it sitting in the window, he immediately claimed it for his new apartment. I'm happy it will be going to a good home. I'm still in a flower mood, so I am working on some other flower projects that will make up for the loss of this one. ;) 

Here are the Creative Inspirations Paint products used in my Journey Canvas today: 


I hope your summer is as inspiring as mine is! Have a great day!! 



4 comments:

D- said...

Your canvas is gorgeous. ow sweet of your brother. Now he'll have a little of you with him all the time. TFS.
D~
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

Shea said...

What a super COOL project, Em! Love the bottle caps, the textures and all the paints you've used! That's so neat of your brother - must have made you feel like a million bucks! Thanks for sharing this awesome project!

Dana Tatar said...

Awesome work Em! I really love the bottle cap flower centers and all the color.

Kimberly S said...

The is so beautiful Em, and such a happy piece! I had to smile about your brother claiming it for his apartment, that's awesome. :) hugs, Kimberly